NSCA OUTSTANDING DAM
2016 NSCA Outstanding Dam Award:
- CH Taichung All That Jazz VCD1 RN AX AXJ THD RATO CGC
— Janet & Michael Johnson
2015 NSCA Outstanding Dam Award:
- CH MACH Nozomi's Princess Buttercup RN MXS MJX AXP AJP OF
— Mark and Eunice Giles
NSCA Outstanding Dam Award
ThThe NSCA Outstanding Dam Award is designed to recognize Shiba Inu sire contributions to the breed whose offspring reflect the breed’s character and purpose. NSCA appreciates that the future of the Shiba Inu rests with the sires and dams that produce each successive generation. The degree of excellence is evidence by the earned titles of the offspring. The Shiba Inu dam with the highest number of points will be awarded the designation of Outstanding Dam. The award will be presented at the annual Awards Banquet at the NSCA National Specialty.
The award will be a plaque stating, “NSCA Outstanding Dam, dog's name, owner’s name (as shown on AKC registration), breeder’s name, National Shiba Club of America.” A picture of the recipient and list of offspring and their titles will be printed in the Shiba E-News and posted on the NSCA Awards webpage.
Deadline to apply is postmarked by June 1 of each calendar year. Application form may be obtained on the NSCA Awards webpage or through the Awards Committee Chairperson. All application materials may be submitted electronically or hard copy. Provide copies of official documentation with the application to verify authenticity. An incomplete application (including verification documentation) will not be processed.
- A dam must produce at least three qualifying progeny.
- A minimum of 75 points (totaled for all qualifying progeny) must be achieved to qualify for the award.
- At least two of the three qualifying progeny must have a conformation title.
- At least two of the three qualifying progeny must each have a minimum of a twenty point or higher AKC title.
- Points are based on the titles earned as described below.
- Points are not cumulative within a category and only the highest achievement earned in each category is recognized.
- Documentation must be provided for all awards listed.
- Copy of AKC registration.
- Statement of NCSA membership of owner, by name. This will be verified by the Awards Committee.
AKC Conformation Titles
- 10 points Champion
- 20 points Grand Champion
- 25 points Grand Champion – Bronze Level
- 35 points Grand Champion – Silver Level
- 45 points Grand Champion – Gold Level
- 60 points Grand Champion – Platinum Level
AKC Obedience Titles
- 10 points Novice-Companion Dog (CD), Preferred Novice (PCD), or Graduate Novice (GN)
- 15 points Graduate Open (GO)
- 20 points Open-Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) or Preferred Open (PCDX)
- 20 points Versatility
- 30 points Utility Dog (UD) or Preferred Utility (PUTD)
- 40 points Utility Dog Excellent (UDX) or Preferred Utility (PUDX)
- 60 points Obedience Trial Champion (OTCH) or POTCH
AKC Tracking Titles
- 10 points Tracking Dog (TD) or Urban Tracking Dog (TDU)
- 20 points Tracking Dog Excellent (TDX)
- 35 points Variable Surface Tracking (VST)
- 60 points Tracking Champion (CH T)
AKC Agility Titles
- 10 points Novice Agility (NA, NAP, NAJ, NJP, NF, NFP)
- 20 points Open Agility (OA, OAP, OAJ, OJP, OF, OFP)
- 25 points Time2Beat
- 30 points Agility Excellent (AX, AXP, AXJ, AJP, XF, XFP)
- 40 points Master Agility Excellent (MX, MXP, MXJ, MJP, MXF, MFP)
- 60 points Master Agility Champion (MACH or PACH)
AKC Rally Titles
- 5 points Rally Novice (RN)
- 10 points Rally Advanced (RA)
- 20 points Rally Excellent (RE)
- 40 points Rally Advanced Excellent (RAE)
AKC Coursing Ability Titles
- 5 points Coursing Ability (CA) or BCAT
- 10 points Coursing Ability Advanced (CAA) or DCAT
- 20 points Coursing Ability Excellent (CAX) or FCAT
Barn Hunt Titles
- 5 points Novice (RATN)
- 10 points Open (RATO)
- 20 points Senior (RATS)
- 30 points Master (RATM)
- 40 points Champion (RATCH)
Canine Good Citizen
Therapy Dog Certification
- 20 points AKC Therapy Dog title
Download Awards Application (PDF)