NSCA COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
The NSCA Community Service Award is designed to recognize a Shiba Inu team making significant contributions to their community through service outside of competition. This award may be earned by more than one Shiba Inu per year. The award will be presented at the annual Awards Banquet at the NSCA National Specialty.
The award will be a certificate stating, “20__ NSCA Community Service Award," dog's name, owner’s name (as shown on AKC registration), National Shiba Club of America. A picture of the recipient team will be printed in the Shiba E-News and posted on the NSCA Awards webpage.
Deadline to apply/nominate is June 1 of each calendar year. Application form may be obtained on the NSCA Awards webpage or through the Awards Committee Chairperson. All application materials may be submitted electronically or hard copy. Provide copies of official documentation with the application to verify authenticity. An incomplete application (including verification documentation) will not be processed.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 25 hours of service in the calendar year preceding the award
- Provide documentation confirming hours of service.
- Provide letters of commendation (minimum of 2 letters of recommendation).
- Community Service venues include:
- Therapy dogs in nursing homes, hospitals, etc.
- Search and rescue
- Education visiting schools, manning information booths, etc.
- Copy of AKC registration.
- Statement of NCSA membership of owner, by name. This will be verified by the Awards Committee.